America’s future depends on ensuring all students have the opportunity to go to college. But President Trump proposes to cut student aid programs that keep higher education within reach for millions of students.
Join the movement to protect your student aid!
America’s future depends on ensuring all students have the opportunity to go to college.
What’s the latest on student aid?
President Trump’s budget proposes $6 billion in cuts to the federal student aid programs. Congress will take the next steps in creating a budget for 2017-18. With your help, we can prevent these cuts from balancing the budget on the backs of students. Ask Congress to oppose:
- Elimination of Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG), which give up to $4,000 in additional grant aid to Pell Grant students;
- Significant cuts to Federal Work Study, which helps 675,000 students work their way through college each year;
- $95 million cut to TRIO programs, reducing the availability of student support services to help at-risk students stay in and complete college;
- $103 million cut to GEAR UP programs, reducing the reach of early awareness programs so that young people are ready for college; and
- $4 billion cut to Pell Grant program funding to pay for other things in the budget.
Congress can reject President Trump’s budget cuts and write a budget that instead invests in student aid. Make your voice heard against cuts to student aid by following @StuAidAlliance to learn how you can help to #SaveStudentAid and stop the #RaidOnAid.
About Student Aid Alliance
We are a coalition of 80 higher education organizations united in our support for federal student aid. The Student Aid Alliance is thrilled to bring you the Save Student Aid campaign to raise awareness about the importance of federal student aid for America’s future.